Farmers Cooperative Internships
Farmers Cooperative offers a variety of internships to college students in their freshman to senior year. The goal of our intern program is to help further the student’s knowledge and experience in the agriculture and cooperative environment during a 12-week summer program. To create a valuable experience, each intern is paired with a mentor from Farmers Cooperative. They will work together to determine the intern’s desired learning objectives. Interns will be able to learn from their mentor’s insights and experiences in the industry.
Throughout the summer, students will learn how a department operates and gain understanding on how the cooperative functions. Each student will attend a variety of professional development events and location tours. Farmers Cooperative understands the importance of youth in the agricultural industry and strives to provide a positive experience each intern can take with them for the rest of their lives.
For information about Summer 2024 internships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-946-2211.
As an agronomy intern, you can expect to learn skills in the following areas: sales, crop scouting, tissue sampling, weed and crop disease identification, precision agriculture (moisture probes, drones, and prescription creation), and equipment operation (sprayer, fertilizer spreader, and aerial applications).
Raymond, Hallam, Milford, Plymouth, and Frankfort (KS)
As a feed sales intern, you will partner with Purina on special projects throughout the summer. You will meet with producers about Purina products and discuss Farmers Cooperative services. The internship is heavily focused on sales, customer service, and fostering relationships with producers in southeast Nebraska and northeast Kansas.
As a grain intern, you will experience a well-rounded summer that shows all facets of the cooperative grain division. The intern will spend 75% of their summer learning the ins and outs of grain origination. This includes, but is not limited to: writing contracts, brokering, and farm visits. The other 25% of the time will be spent learning about grain transportation and logistics, accounting, merchandising, and elevator operations.
As a marketing intern, you will be a part of a fast-paced and well-rounded team. You can expect to learn skills in event planning, graphic design, marketing, social media management, photography, communication strategy, and more!
As a human resources intern, you will assist in the daily operations and activities of the department. You will help maintain employee files, assist in employee orientation, help develop a variety of training programs, and develop a better understanding of the hiring process.
As a safety intern, you will obtain experiences in the areas of compliance, site compliance, site audits and interviews, incident analysis, and safety training for employees, managers, emergency responders, and local community groups.